Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Experiences


            After taking several classes in many universities, finally I am about to graduate. This is  my  last  semester at the  University of District of  Columbia, and soon I am  about to discover new  world of possibilities  in  a  real world.    But there are so many questions and dilemmas. Sometimes, I feel I am ready to go out and rock on.Then   again, some things scare me.  My unconscious  mind says I am   not prepared yet.

            I took a lot of classes and did   projects, presentations and papers on TV Production, Advertisement, Public Relations, Photojournalism and Media Ethics. All of these classes were interconnected and yet they were taught from their own unique perspectives.

            Even though I have galloped on different media theories, philosophies,ethics and rules,and techniques of production from different classes, I  feel  like  I am an unpolished diamond having  all shines and sparkles, but buried inside black crust of rocks.   There are ideas and perspectives but they are   not organized   and  not interconnected.So before graduation I  was looking  for  a magical class which combines   and connects all ideas  and lessons  I  learnt during  my  five years long  journey towards degree.And finally I registered in one called “Communicative Arts Seminar”.

           This class creates a great awareness among students, and helps them out to get their missions. and goals. It also prepares  them  to understand  the linkages between the various forms of creativity and communication, and  the fundamental complexities  of both.

           That’s all I  was eagerly looking for, the class which  would interconnect and combine all the skills I learn  at UDC. Again, I am an unpolished diamond and this is a time to hon it. I am sure  this class will be helpful to me .

No comments:

Post a Comment